We're looking for a Full-Stack Builder...
Who we are
We're on a mission to help people see, share, and sell their ideas.
To do it, we're building tools that give anyone - regardless of design talent - access to visual communication. We're starting with a groundbreaking tool to make, manage, and measure visual content for sales and marketing teams, but our vision is even bigger. We believe Stick will reinvent how we exchange information, so we can reinvigorate the way we learn and work - across documents, slides, and emails - globally.
We're committed to building a best in class culture. Our values drive our work:
- Align what we believe, say, and do. Above all, we value Integrity - and the trust it brings to our team.
- Not 'Here I am' but 'There you Are.' Our ultimate goal is to empower others - whether customers or coworkers.
- Keep on Striving for Excellence. We have impossibly high standards, believing we can always be better. We persist, no matter what.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Does an element misaligned by one pixel drive you nuts? Do you get frustrated when a UI flow requires three steps to do something that you know can be done in one? Do you spend your spare time experimenting with new tools/libraries because you love to learn new skills? Do you dream of building something game changing for millions of people? Great, read on.
We are looking for a full-stack developer with natural passion for design and exceptional engineering skills. You are a standout teammate and a self starter. The room lights up when you enter, because your energy and your high-quality work inspire your teammates to do their best work, and to have fun while doing it. You're a Sketch master and know how to build scalable front end applications, from the ground up. DOM manipulation is second nature to you, and REST is a given. You've got a solid understanding of developing APIs (familiarity with Java is a plus). Your proficiency with Spring (or equivalent) sets you apart. You welcome challenges because you learn quickly and constantly.
• Portfolio demonstrating experience in developing, releasing, iterating, and maintaining cutting-edge web experiences
• 6 months of React.js experience and a strong desire to become a React master, and bring others along with you
• You have full proficiency of REST, JWT, JSON and any other blocks you need to build your vision.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals, specifically OO, data structures, algorithms and distributed system/cloud computing
• Significant UX/UI talent, you know that a beautiful UI is not enough, you can also design UX that is intuitive and flawless
• Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline
• Hands on experience with AWS, S3, Docker are a plus
What you will be Building
You will join a solid founding team with expertise in visual design, business development, innovation, machine learning and engineering.
You will refine, design and build a platform that translates text into visual communication using machine learning and spectacularly good UX/UI.
You will write good quality React code, integrating your front end with our backend via REST API.
You will be building a team, alongside the founder, to create the company in which you've always wanted to work.
We Value You - and the Diversity you Bring
We are an equal opportunity employer and "Diversity Drives Connection" is one of our core values. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are seeking applicants across all different groups, as we want to build as vibrant and diverse a company as possible. We hope you will join us to broaden our reach!